There was the horror tale of riding a jampacked pump boat from Caticlan island to the Odiongan port for THREE-stressful, butt-breaking and nerve-inducing-HOURS. And then there was THE story that totally made the trip worth retelling. Of course, there's a
The story that kicked-off on Sunday afternoon, and reached it's climax on Monday night, was just too good to be true to happen, but it did and it did so in a very young-adult-romance-pocketbookish fashion that just left the four of us sighing and dreamy-eyed afterwards.
After listening to E's blow-by-blow account of stumbling upon a guy playing out every freakin' 'romantic' gestures that she have mentally listed down without really having any clue that he's 'doing' it, I came out of the experience awestruck, that such a guy does exist, and hopeful, that I will also get to meet one like that soon.
Just so that it is clear to everyone, despite the cool and seemingly composed facade, I also harbor a list of grand romantic gestures that a guy could do for me. Yes, I also want a guy who knows how to take charge, who orders soup for me without needing to consult me; a guy who will carry my travel bag to my room and will check if the television has acceptable reception; a guy who takes time out of his busy schedule to drive me around town; a guy who will insist on following me to the pier even when I told him not to bother; a guy who tells me a geographic trivia, surprises me by bringing me to it, and then urging me to check-in at 4-square to immortalize the bucket-list worthy moment; a guy who skips a family dinner to join me while away time stargazing.
I still am a girl wired with the usual girly, mushy, saccharine-syrupy-sweet genes though it doesn't show, you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment