I have an attachment problem. Whether it be with people or with objects whom I have invested so much physical resources for, I get too worked up and become an emotional wreck when the time to part ways has arrived. Try as I might to look away and downplay the onslaught of emotions, the scene almost always ends with me failing to keep it together, wiping a tear or two from my eyes. Whew!
--------------------
Yesterday morning, I said my goodbyes to a very dear friend - my car, Lilac. For five years, she was literally my companion throughout the good and the worst of times. She was a great soundboard to all of my early morning realizations and woes, and a non-judgmental audience to my cringe-inducing mini-vocal conciertos. During the not-so-great moments, her presence afforded me a temporary means of escape.
It's just so sad that I couldn't keep up with her needs. As such, I had to find her a new place to come home to. With a heavy heart, I bid my farewell to her.
I'll miss you buddy! Hope your new owner treats you well!

No comments:
Post a Comment