After a year of (too much) rest and relaxation, it's back to school for me today! With only 3 subjects remaining and either a compre or a thesis as a final requirement, I'm almost at the finish line. With that end in my mind, I wised up and made a firm decision to finish what I have started.
So, as it is when I was 6, making my first foray in the academic setting, on my first day back in graduate school, Mama and Papa brought me, saw me off, picked me up, then treated me to lunch after my class. Now, ain't that sweet?
Inside the classroom, what greeted me were "old friends" of mine: Pareto optimum conditions, production function equations, demand and supply graphical representations -- same old, same old. Seeing those, I instantly felt that I was home, never mind if I was alone in my corner at the far right end of the room. Since I was out for a year, I didn't get to see the usual faces that I was in nodding-and-smiling-in-acknowledgement-of terms. Instead, I spent my first three hours of the semester inside a room full of yet-to-be-known-and-befriended people. Maybe this time around, I'll get to shed my "mataray" and unapproachable aura that I'll get to forge connections with new people. Good luck to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment