Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Throwing it out there

Dear Universe,

Please send my way a guy who's patient, willing and able enough to drive me from Taguig to Quezon City during those days that I am physically, mentally and emotionally drained to drag my sorry ass off home after a day's hard labor. Promise, I will not sleep on him during that long ride from the south to the north. I will keep him entertained by singing-along with whatever music is playing on the radio or by playing I-spy whilst traffic permits us to do so; probably, bore him to death by retelling the day's events however bland it may have turned out, or irritate him by constantly picking on his driving habits, whatever. I just need to be around someone who's rock solid during those days when I've turned into a gooey, molten jelly of a mess. Please, someone who can steer the wheel for me, literally and figuratively speaking, when I can't do it for myself.

Is that possible, dear universe? I don't ask for it to happen on a daily basis - I abhor getting associated with the word 'needy' - only just for those "helpless" moments when a strong yet comforting presence is needed and greatly appreciated.

In turn, I'll do the same for him, even more. Promise, when his moment of 'weakness' comes to pass, no second thoughts, no hint of hesitation, I'll be at his beck and call

Hope that you can do something about this. Looking forward to seeing your surprise!

Love lots,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment